Sharing Best Practices for Addressing Today’s Mental Health Crisis and More
For two days in June, the hills of Boulder, CO were alive with the sound of musings as 60 NBC members met virtually and in-person at the first live NBC conference since the onset of the pandemic.
The meeting provided an open forum for top-tier EAPs and behavioral health experts to share new ideas and best practices related to a wide range of employee assistance services, including mental health support. Among the many important topics covered were:
- The powerful role of peer support groups in addressing critical mental health issues
- Collecting and sharing engagement and outcomes data to better serve clients
- Incidents of suicidal behaviors during and following the pandemic, with guidance on addressing suicide in the workplace
- Incorporating multiple specialty vendors into behavioral health managed care and case management organizations
- New capabilities in online counseling and therapy
- Digital behavioral health trends for EAPs and Managed Behavioral Health Organizations
- How to effectively spread the word about top-tier EAP services and their impact
- Employing data to demonstrate value, inform service delivery, and differentiate your organization
- The use of Voice of the Customer methodology to examine employee interaction, barriers, pain points, and satisfaction.
In addition, each NBC member provided a brief update on the innovative steps their organization has taken to address the current mental health crisis and otherwise meet the evolving needs of today’s diverse workforces.
Member speakers included Marie Pavlich, Director of Strategy, Perspectives; Kathy Greer, Founder, KGA; Cecile Currier, VP of Corporate and Community Health Services, Concern; Bob Mines, Chairman and Chief Psychology Officer, Mines & Associates; Mitchell Best, CEO, VITAL WorkLife; Dennis Derr, PhD, Associate Director, NBC; Tom Shjerven, Associate Director, NBC; April Richardson, MD, Medical Director BH, BCBS South Carolina; Brandn Green, PhD, Co-Owner and Principal Scient at JG Research and Evaluation;
In addition, NBC invited several guest speakers to present: Kfir Eyal, VP Sales and Partnerships, BetterHelp; David Wright, PhD, SVP Sales Channels and Healthcare, meQuilibrium; Helena Plater-Zyberk, Co-Founder and CEO, Supportiv; Maggie Mortali, MPH, VP, Programming and Workplace Initiatives, AFSP; and Stephen Romano, Founder, Romano Strategic Communication.
For more information on any of the speakers or the content they shared, or if you are an NBC member seeking a copy of one of the presentations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.